This programme combines application of skills with exploring theory and research, ideal if you:
- Really enjoy helping and mentoring employees
- Work in a people practice role and wish to gain organisational learning and development expertise
- Are currently in a training role
- Are looking to move into management
- Already have a degree
At CIPD we offer the intermediate Diploma which upon successful completion leads to Associate membership of the CIPD and will enable you to apply a wide-range of organisational L&D management skills in the workplace.
Get the best of both worlds with expert tutors face-to-face and live online classes
From the moment you enrol to the moment you pass your final assignment; you will have unlimited one-to-one support from our expert CIPD tutors. Our tutors include former HR directors, lecturers, consultants and employment law specialists. Many are fully qualified teachers with many years’ experience teaching CIPD. Their wide-ranging experience combines deep academic understanding with high-level practical experience. As well as answering academic questions, they can give you practical guidance and advice and help you make a study plan.
- Professional Behaviours and Valuing People
- Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Supporting Self-Directed and Social Learning
- Learning and Development Design to Create Value
- Facilitate Personalised and Performance-Focused Learning
Elective Modules (choose one)
- Advances in Digital Learning and Development
- Leadership and Management Development
- Wellbeing at Work
- Diversity and Inclusion
- People Management in an International Context
- Specialist Employment Law
How Your Assignments Will Be Assessed
- You will submit your assignment online through the student community platform.
- Your tutors will mark your assignment and give you a provisional result. If it needs more work, they will give you guidance on how to improve it. If it is given a provisional pass, we will submit your results to CIPD.
- At set times throughout the year, CIPD will moderate assignment submissions.
- When this moderation is complete, you will get your final results.
Typical L&D job titles at Associate Level
- L&D Adviser
- Training/L&D Manager
- L&D Specialist
To study this undergraduate-level course, you will generally need ONE of the following:
- A degree (any subject)
- Some learning and development experience in an entry-level L&D or HR role
- Other work experience (e.g., as a manager) that involved elements of L&D.