This course provides an overview of the fire safety legislation and responsibilities. It provides practical advice on fire prevention, fire classifications, action upon discovery of a fire and an introduction to fire extinguishers. The role and responsibilities of the fire warden is introduced with practical advice on how to develop and maintain a fire plan, as well as take into account individual needs, and carry out regular fire drills.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of fire safety and the various classifications of fire, and fire fighting equipment.
- Identify ways to reduce the risk of fire in the workplace.
- Raise the alarm quickly and react to fire appropriately.
- Develop and review a local and individual fire plan, including any additional requirements for those with specific needs.
- Arrange and conduct an effective fire drill.
How to purchase this course:
To buy this course for yourself, click ‘Add to basket’. To purchase for another person or multiple users, click here.