Certificate in Training Design
CPD Accredited (20 credits) | Study online | Approx. 12-16 hours
Create lesson plans, schemes of work and training materials to promote inclusion and maximise learning. This course provides a foundation of knowledge of how people learn, how to consider individual, group or organisational training needs and create effective learning aims and objectives. This course includes practical tools and advice on planning and designing outstanding courses. The Certificate in Training Design is is an online self-study course with all required course materials included. After enrolling, the learner will be assigned to a tutor who will arrange an initial ‘welcome’ call via phone, Zoom or Microsoft Teams. The tutor will mark any assessments and be available throughout the course for any questions.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Compare popular theories of learning and relate to your own experience
- Identify training needs of individuals and the wider organisation
- Develop SMART learning objectives with suitable assessment methods
- Design session plans and a scheme of work to promote inclusive learning
- Produce training material that maximises learning
- Learning Styles and Learning Models
- The Teaching / Training Cycle
- Roles, Responsibilities and Legislation
- Safeguarding and Prevent
- Equality and Diversity in Learning
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Individual and Group Learning Needs (ILN/GLN)
- Learning Aims and Objectives
- Maximising Learning
- Session Planning
- PowerPoint Design Tips
- Ground Rules, Icebreakers, and energisers
- The Learning Environment
- Presentation Skills
- Delivering remote training
- Micro-teach session (practical)
- Principles of Assessment
- Constructive Feedback and CPD
This course contains the following methods of assessment:
- Written tasks – broken into short text answers, submitted online and reviewed by a tutor.
- Multiple choice questions – submitted online and graded immediately.
- Document creation – Creation of a lesson plan
All submitted work will be reviewed within 7 days by a distance learning tutor and feedback provided. You may continue through the course while waiting feedback.
Ideal for those who currently or may in the future be required to plan or design training sessions or programmes. The course is suitable for those with no prior knowledge, as well as experienced trainers or training managers looking to fill knowledge gaps and gain recognition.
This course is suitable for those with no prior knowledge. Learners must have access to the internet to access the content
This course includes an accredited PDF certificate upon successful completion.
If you prefer a printed certificate, you can purchase a hard-copy printed on quality A4 170gsm paper. Click here for details.
We offer the following options:
Distance LearningSelf-study with tutor support
Enrol now with immediate access
Support from a dedicated tutor
Buy online and start today
Live Remote SessionsAttend live sessions with a tutor
Live online session via MS Teams
Minimum of 4 delegates
Contact us for availability
In-HouseClassroom, Online or a combination
Available worldwide, or remote
Suitable for between 6-12 delegates
Can be tailored to your organisation
Course materials are visible here once enrolled.