Health and Safety Awareness
Study online | Approx. 45-60 mins
This course is also available as part of the accredited Workplace Safety Essentials course.
This course provides an overview of the health and safety responsibilities of the employer and employee. It provides practical advice on accident prevention, near miss reporting, risk assessments, noise awareness, PPE and COSHH. Includes a short online assessment and a course certificate.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify ways to help prevent accidents and injuries at work.
- Identify common types of PPE available and the requirement to use them in the workplace.
- Avoid potentially hazardous substances by identifying product labels.
- Recognise common safety signs and know where to seek further training and information.
- Legislation and Responsibilities
- Accident Prevention and Near Miss Reporting
- Safety Signs
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Risk Assessments
- Noise Awareness
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- First Aid and Accident Reporting
- COSHH and GHS Hazard Labels
- COVID-19 Awareness and Infection Control
This course contains a multiple choice quiz which is completed online and graded immediately with a passing score of 75%.
Employers are legally obliged to provide safety training to all employees. This course provides a solution that is suitable for a wide range of sectors including retail and commerce, hospitality, education, finance and professional services, hotels and tourism, manufacturing and more.
Those working in a higher-risk role or industries such as construction may require supplementary role or industry specific health and safety training.
This course is suitable for those with no prior knowledge. Learners must have access to the internet to access the content
This course includes an accredited PDF certificate upon successful completion.
If you prefer a printed certificate, you can purchase a hard-copy printed on quality A4 170gsm paper. Use discount code WSECERT25 for a 25% discount on the cost. Click here for details.