The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (RQF) is intended for assessors who assess occupational competence in an individual’s work environment. This qualification introduces learners to the principles and practices of assessment and assessing occupational competence in the work environment.
If you will also assess knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment (for example a workshop, classroom or training environment), we recommend that you complete the full CAVA certificate, click here. If you do not have access to assess learners in the workplace, we recommend the Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement, click here.
Learners will achieve 9 credits across 2 units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
This qualification can be completed in as little as 6 weeks. Typically, distance learning students complete this course within 3-6 months although students are able to take up to 12 months to complete the qualification.
This qualification is completed by distance learning with full tutor support provided. Your tutor will arrange an introduction call once enrolled.
We are able to offer classroom or remote delivery for in-house courses.
To complete the qualification, trainee assessors must:
- Complete a written assignment for unit 1. This is approximately 3,500 words, broken into smaller parts.
- Assess two different learners, across two different units (or courses) in the work environment.
- Be observed whist carrying out an assessment in the work environment by a qualified assessor.
- Take part in a professional discussion and reflect on own performance.
Learners must be aged 19+ years to be enrolled onto this course. You must be in a position to assess learners in the work environment as part of this qualification. Ideally, you will have access to a qualified assessor in the workplace to act as a mentor.
Please note: course materials are provided in English and the practical assessment must be completed in English.
This course aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee assessors, such as:
- Those wishing to assess nationally accredited qualifications, including NVQ’s and apprenticeships.
- Those already in a teaching job, of which assessment also forms part of the day-to-day role.
A certificate is provided upon successful completion, following internal and external quality assurance.