Please note: The price shown above includes UK VAT.
The materials tab contains useful downloads.
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF)
Regulated Qualification | Study remotely | Complete within 12 months
Enrol today for just £50 and spread the cost of your course for up to 12 months.
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA), formerly known as the A1 certificate is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace, (such as workshops, classrooms or other education and training settings). If you do not have access to assess in the workplace, consider the Award rather than the certificate.
It provides the essential knowledge and understanding that assessment staff need, as well as the opportunity to practice assessment skills – followed by in-depth feedback and development goals from a highly experienced assessor.
Learners will achieve 12 credits across 3 units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
Typically, distance learning students complete this course within 3-6 months although students are able to take up to 12 months to complete the qualification. Extension options are available if required.
Distance Learning – but don’t worry, you’ll be allocated a dedicated Tutor who will support you fully throughout the duration of your course.
To complete the qualification, trainee assessors must:
- Complete a written assignment for unit 1. This is approximately 3,500 words, broken into smaller parts.
- Assess two different learners, across two different units (or courses) in the classroom, workshop or training environment.
- Assess two different learners, across two different units (or courses) in the work environment.
- Be observed whist carrying out two assessments by a qualified assessor, one of these must be in the work environment.
- Take part in a professional discussion and reflect on own performance.
Learners must be aged 19+ years to be enrolled onto this course. If enrolling to this course as an individual, you must be working or have access to a training or teaching environment as you are required to carry out assessment in a live environment as part of the qualification.
Please note: course materials are provided in English and the practical assessment must be completed in English.
This course aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee assessors, such as:
- Those wishing to assess nationally accredited qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Those wishing to assess practical based workplace activities in a range of job sectors.
- Those already in a teaching job, of which assessment also forms part of the day-to-day role.
A certificate is provided upon successful completion, following internal and external quality assurance.
Online learning resources and free book!
For a limited period of time, we are providing all learners with a free copy of the ‘Principles and Practices of Assessment’ by Ann Gravells.
This is an excellent point of reference during the course and in your future practice.
Learners can progress to the Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF).
Frequently Asked Questions
You should complete the qualification within 12 months. Deadlines for submission of specific work can be agreed with your tutor.
Complete the form to send your details. An invoice can be raised to the employer.
Yes, we offer various options for in-house courses. This includes classroom based learning, Microsoft Teams or a combination of both.
Yes, we individuals can enrol at any time under our distance learning model. The qualification can be completed remotely with tutor support.
If you have already completed the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, you may qualify for RPL meaning the first unit of this qualification may not be required.
If you choose to upgrade this qualification in the future, you may also be able to use it towards further achievement.
Complete this form to order or ask a question.
Additional course materials are visible here once enrolled.