Gain a general awareness of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) and the typical elements of knowledge required for Security Screening Personnel, previously known as Category 12.
This course is designed to meet the training requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations 1.5. The content has been designed to incorporate the methodology of a Competency Based Training Approach (CBTA) as defined in Table 7.10.A of the guidance material.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of dangerous goods.
- Identify indicators within documentation or packages of undeclared dangerous goods.
- React appropriately to a dangerous goods emergency situation.
- Report dangerous goods incidents and accidents.
This course contains a multiple choice quiz which is completed online and graded immediately with a passing score of 75%. Candidates can attempt the quiz up to three times.
This course is suitable for employees who have direct contact with passengers. For example:
- Cargo or ground handling staff involved in screening baggage, cargo and mail
- Airport staff or security service providers staff involved in screening baggage, cargo and mail
- Security supervisors or managers
Recurrent training should be completed within 24 months.
Under the regulations, the specific expiry date of the certificate is extended to the last day of the month that it expires.
This course includes an instantly downloadable PDF certificate upon successful completion.
If you prefer a printed certificate, a hard-copy printed on quality A4 170gsm paper is available here.