The Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (RQF) is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment (for example a workshop, classroom or training environment).
Learners who undertake this qualification will be able to understand the principles and requirements of assessment, different types of assessment methods, planning assessment, learner involvement within assessment, assessment decisions, quality assurance, information management and legal and good practice within assessment.
If you will also assess knowledge and understanding in the work environment, we recommend that you complete the full CAVA certificate, here. If you require knowledge of assessment but do not have access to learners, or do not intend to practice as an assessor, click here.
Learners will achieve 9 credits across 2 units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
Typically, distance learning students complete this course within 3-6 months although students are able to take up to 12 months to complete the qualification. Extension options are available if required.
This qualification is completed by distance learning with full tutor support provided. Your tutor will arrange an introduction call once enrolled.
We are able to offer classroom or remote delivery for in-house courses.
To complete the qualification, trainee assessors must:
- Complete a written assignment for unit 1. This is approximately 3,500 words, broken into smaller parts.
- Assess two different learners, across two different units (or courses) in the classroom, workshop or training environment.
- Be observed whist carrying out an assessment by a qualified assessor.
- Take part in a professional discussion and reflect on own performance.
Learners must be aged 19+ years to be enrolled onto this course. If enrolling to this course as an individual, you must be working or have access to a training or teaching environment as you are required to carry out assessment in a live environment as part of the qualification.
Please note: course materials are provided in English and the practical assessment must be completed in English.
This course aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee assessors, such as:
- Those wishing to assess nationally accredited qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Those already in a teaching job, of which assessment also forms part of the day-to-day role.
A certificate is provided upon successful completion, following internal and external quality assurance.