Workplace Safety Essentials
CPD Accredited (3 credits) | Study online | Approx. 2-3 hours
A package of three essential safety subjects; Health and Safety in the Workplace, Fire Safety Awareness and Manual Handling in the Workplace. This course also includes additional information on infection control to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and is a perfect combination of courses to induct or refresh employees, associates, and visitors to preventing injuries and accidents in the workplace.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- List employee and employer roles and responsibilities
- Identify ways to prevent accidents, injuries and reduce the risk of fire at work.
- Explain the benefits of risk assessment and safe lifting techniques.
- Describe the principles of fire safety, raising the alarm and safe evacuation.
- Recognise common safety signs and know where to seek further training and information.
- Identify PPE requirements and general advice for reporting of accidents and incidents.
- Legislation and Responsibilities
- Accident Prevention and Near Miss Reporting
- Safety Signs
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Risk Assessments
- Noise Awareness
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- First Aid and Accident Reporting
- COSHH and GHS Hazard Labels
- COVID-19 Awareness and Infection Control
- Anatomy of the Spine
- Sprains and Strains
- Pushing and Pulling
- Lifting Techniques and Team Lifts
- Mechanical Lifting Aids
- The Fire Triangle
- Fire Classifications
- Fire Exits
- Fire Prevention
- Evacuation Procedures
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Use of Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets
This course contains a multiple choice quiz which is completed online and graded immediately with a passing score of 75%.
Employers are legally obliged to provide safety training to all employees. This course provides a solution that is suitable for a wide range of sectors including retail and commerce, hospitality, education, finance and professional services, hotels and tourism, manufacturing and more.
Those working in a higher-risk role or industries such as construction may require supplementary role or industry specific health and safety training.
This course is suitable for those with no prior knowledge. Learners must have access to the internet to access the content
This course includes an accredited PDF certificate upon successful completion.
If you prefer a printed certificate, you can purchase a hard-copy printed on quality A4 170gsm paper. Use discount code WSECERT25 for a 25% discount on the cost. Click here for details.