Our Workplace Safety Essentials course combines three of our most popular safety training courses. This package includes the following modules: Health and Safety in the Workplace, Fire Safety Awareness and Manual Handling in the Workplace.
The Health and Safety course provides an overview of the health and safety responsibilities of the employer and employee. It provides practical advice on accident prevention, near miss reporting, risk assessments, noise awareness, PPE and COSHH. Includes a short online assessment and a course certificate.
The Fire Safety course provides an overview of the fire safety legislation and responsibilities. It provides practical advice on fire prevention, fire classifications, action upon discovery of a fire and an introduction to fire extinguishers. Includes a short online assessment and a course certificate.
The Manual Handling course provides a basic understanding of the anatomy of the spine, sprains and strains, the correct lifting techniques and how to minimise manual handling through the use of lifting aids and team lifts. Includes a short online assessment and a course certificate.
This course also includes additional information on infection control to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and is a perfect combination of courses to induct or refresh employees, associates, and visitors to preventing injuries and accidents in the workplace.
By the end of the Health and Safety at Work module, learners will be able to:
- Identify ways to help prevent accidents and injuries at work.
- Identify common types of PPE available and the requirement to use them in the workplace.
- Avoid potentially hazardous substances by identifying product labels.
- Recognise common safety signs and know where to seek further training and information.
By the end of the Fire Safety Awareness module, learners will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of fire safety and the various classifications of fire.
- Identify ways to reduce the risk of fire in the workplace.
- Raise the alarm quickly and react to fire appropriately.
- Recognise different types of firefighting equipment and extinguish methods.
By the end of the Manual Handling Awareness module, learners will be able to:
- Define the term ‘Manual Handling’ and identify related legislation.
- Recognise key employer and employee responsibilities.
- Identify the benefits of controlling manual handling risk and the LITE assessment method.
- Follow the general safe lifting guidelines for everyday items as recommended by the UK’s HSE.
This course contains three short online assessments, each graded immediately with a passing score of 75%.
Assessments can be re-attempted immediately if the learner does not meet the required grade.
Employers are legally obliged to provide safety training to all employees. This course provides a solution that is suitable for a wide range of sectors including retail and commerce, hospitality, education, finance and professional services, hotels and tourism, manufacturing and more.
Those working in a higher-risk role or industries such as construction may require supplementary role or industry specific health and safety training.
This course is suitable for those with no prior knowledge. Learners must have access to the internet to access the content
This course includes an accredited PDF certificate upon successful completion.
If you prefer a printed certificate, you can purchase a hard-copy printed on quality A4 170gsm paper. Click here for details.